Please come prepared for all weather possibilities!
- Walking Boots – broken in and ready to use
- Suitable walking socks
- Waterproof Jacket (tape seam sealed)
- Waterproof Trousers (tape seam sealed)
- Warm Jacket
- Small Rucsac – to carry your lunch and spare clothing
- Gloves and warm hat
- Waterbottle (1L minimum)
- Sun lotion/hat
Every participant should have a watch.
The leader of each group, (who has had experience of navigating in thick cloud on mountains with a map and compass), must have:
- 1:25,000 scale map Outdoor Leisure North West OL 4 (detailed route plan you will be given relates to this map).
- Compass (and know how to use it)
- Mobile phone
- First Aid Kit
- Survival Bag (Plastic 6’x2’ bag, available cheaply in outdoor shops).
In addition, one other member of each group must have the same map, a compass and a mobile phone.
The 10 in 10 Challenge is organised by Yvonne Booth.
Mob: 07810 522 889 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org